I’m going to get ahead of the ISP’s limitation.
To my great satisfaction, I received word from my defacto supervisor that I now have an Email address and username for the State agency I work for. It has been exactly four weeks since I started there.
After waiting on hold yesterday for an interminable 35 minutes at the end of the day, today at lunchtime I contacted them again and after about 20 minutes got a person who set my password and told me what it was, so I could log in. I did so and then set up Outlook and discovered a 20 message backfile that had been accumulating. I read through it: mostly form letters, but one message that stated that I had a new password, which I couldn’t’ve read anyway because it was sent to my Email address… that used that password.
So now I have a way of officially communicating with people. Annoyingly, I do not yet have access to two internal websites that we do most of our work on. These I have to request access to. One of them is in progress, the other one I will work on tomorrow.