After an abundance of waiting, and legally mooching WiFi off by neighbors, the cable company here has connected service to my new apartment. I have a wire line high speed Internet connection! This is the last of the utilities I needed hooked up.
On a side note, I have completely vacated my old apartment now.
Sadly my productivity on side projects that I had been working on is likely to decline now. I am still hopeful I can finish a big one for a friend before I completely lose interest.
For now, I have to go and tell my neighbor to change their WiFi password to something new, since I am done using it.
To my great satisfaction, I received word from my defacto supervisor that I now have an Email address and username for the State agency I work for. It has been exactly four weeks since I started there.
After waiting on hold yesterday for an interminable 35 minutes at the end of the day, today at lunchtime I contacted them again and after about 20 minutes got a person who set my password and told me what it was, so I could log in. I did so and then set up Outlook and discovered a 20 message backfile that had been accumulating. I read through it: mostly form letters, but one message that stated that I had a new password, which I couldn’t’ve read anyway because it was sent to my Email address… that used that password.
So now I have a way of officially communicating with people. Annoyingly, I do not yet have access to two internal websites that we do most of our work on. These I have to request access to. One of them is in progress, the other one I will work on tomorrow.